Stock Transfer Instructions
To make a gift of securities, please transfer shares directly to PERC’s account at Edward Jones, Account Number 360-20752-1-4; DTC Number 0057
Jon Stites (Account Representative)
3970 Valley Commons Dr., Unit 2
Bozeman, MT 59718
Please have your broker inform PERC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 406-586-7555 when the transfer has taken place.
PERC EIN: 81-0393444
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to PERC.
- PERC sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.