Are you a service-oriented administrative professional with a love of conservation? Do you thrive in supporting a dynamic team? If so, consider joining PERC’s team in the critical role of our part-time Administrative Associate.
About the Organization
PERC is the leading conservation research institute dedicated to improving lands, waters, and wildlife through collaborative, market-based approaches. PERC’s key programs work together to make lasting improvements in conservation through:
- PERC develops cutting-edge research on pressing conservation issues.
- PERC disseminates its research to key audiences who can advance them through policy reform and improving conservation practices.
- PERC has impacted numerous conservation reforms, including the recovery of America’s fisheries.
PERC achieves its mission through various fellowships and workshops to support scholars, researchers, students, policymakers, and environmental entrepreneurs. PERC researchers influence environmental policy by testifying before Congress with their key findings and proposed policies. PERC also works with conservation groups around the country to help them implement an approach to conservation that adheres to its principles of good stewardship, secure property rights, and voluntary trade. Moreover, PERC unites environmental entrepreneurs who are doing amazing work on the ground throughout the country and educates the broader public on our nation’s most pressing conservation issues.
PERC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a productive and supportive work environment that equips our team to succeed. Learn more about PERC by exploring our website.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Administrative Associate is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of PERC in a role that is best described as a concierge to PERC’s staff, fellows, and visitors.
The successful candidate will be service-oriented, a self-starter, and show an initiative to both identify and take ownership of needs in support of PERC’s operations. This position also requires a team player who is willing to pitch in outside of the confines of their job description. This is a 30 hour per week nonexempt position. This is a non-supervisory role with no direct reports. The work schedule for this position allows for flexibility but requires Friday availability.
This is an in office role though we are following CDC and Gallatin Valley Health Department guidelines surrounding Covid-19 including wearing masks, social distancing, doing temperature checks, and engaging in extra cleaning practices.
Salary Range: $25,000 – $35,000 per year
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in administration
- Proficient in G-Suite including Google Docs, Google Calendars, Google Slides or Powerpoint, and G-Mail
- Comfortable working with a multi-line phone system
- Experience with the coordination of professional events
- Basic understanding of Salesforce preferred
- Basic understanding of a video conferencing platform such as Zoom or Google Meets
Front Desk Administrative Support
- Data entry
- Answer and/or direct incoming phone calls
- Greet/Support PERC visitors
- Help staff, visiting fellows, and visitors with basic computer setup and other general support
- Manage and distribute incoming mail, shipments, and packages
- Helping to check PERC’s general email accounts and voicemails
- Provide basic conference support to PERC’s conference coordinator
- Help clean up after meetings and events with food or drink; including taking out garbages, putting away food, putting away chairs/equipment, and loading the dishwasher.
- Coordinating smaller PERC workshops/events
- Set up conference room for meetings and events including the technology, temperature control, and refreshments such as coffee and tea
- Swag inventory tracking and ensuring that individuals use the swag tracking app to assign costs to the appropriate program
- Supporting the leadership team with travel accommodations, formatting reports, entering data, ect.
- Development support (log donations into SalesForce and monthly Salesforce/Quickbooks reconciliation)
- Update Salesforce database with donor information and correspondence
- Oversight of janitorial vendors and supplies.
General Administrative Support
- Provide global administrative support to all of the staff; duties include but are not limited to copies, scans, mailings, faxes, smaller projects, and long term projects
- Coordinate some staff meetings and lunches
- Man the kitchen including making coffee, starting/unloading the dishwasher, and setting out snacks for the staff
Successful Candidates will possess
- Must be service-oriented and possess a desire to provide a concierge approach to supporting PERC’s mission
- Must be able to identify needs and take initiative without much supervision
- Must have a successful track record with being flexible with task priorities, adaptable with tasks, and manage time according to staff demands
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and assume diverse responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work closely with the PERC’s team in a productive and positive manner
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of PERC
- Great healthcare (gold and silver) plans
- Vision, dental, and accident benefit coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick days
- 15 days of paid Holidays
- Opportunity to work with an impactful conservation organization
Please submit the following in a single pdf file:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Interest in role
- Understanding of PERC and our approach to conservation
- Three references
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.