The Enviropreneur Institute is an accelerator for entrepreneurs who are harnessing the power of markets to resolve environmental issues or enhance environmental quality.
At the Enviropreneur Institute you will:
- Develop key skills and learn from a diverse faculty of experts
- Acquire techniques to learn, launch, and grow an idea into a market
- Dig into the successes and struggles of practicing enviropreneurs
- Connect with PERC’s alumni network working on similar projects around the world
- Scale up conservation businesses or market-based environmental projects
The PERC Enviropreneur Institute offers three key elements:
- New Perspective: An understanding of how entrepreneurs can harness property rights and markets for environmental conservation.
- Startup Toolkit: Fundamental skills for entrepreneurs, like Legal Considerations, Value Proposition Refinement, Customer Development, and Brand Positioning.
- Community: A network of people passionate about win-win solutions for environmental issues.
The Enviropreneur Institute consists of three phases:
Exploration: Opening weekend kicks off with three days of ice breakers and Socratic discussion. You will learn how to apply the tools of free market environmentalism and meet other enviropreneurs at an alumni reception.
Incubation: For one month, our remote accelerator will pair enviropreneurs with mentors to provide specific skill-building and network-developing sessions designed to explore, validate, and develop new ventures.
Acceleration: In the final week, we'll be in Big Sky Country for specialized workshops designed to gear enviropreneurs for launch.
Note: Since this is Montana, there will be free time for hikes, walks, fly fishing, and relaxation.
FEES AND STIPENDS
There is no charge for attending the Enviropreneur Institute. Fellows will receive a stipend of $2,500 to cover travel costs to/from Denver, Colorado, and Bozeman, Montana. Housing and most meals are provided at no charge, including three nights in cabins on a secluded ranch near Yellowstone National Park.