Conservation Law Fellow
The Property and Environment Research Center (PERC) is the national leader in market solutions for conservation, with over 40 years of research and a network of respected scholars and practitioners. Through research, law and policy, and innovative field conservation programs, PERC explores how aligning incentives for environmental stewardship produces sustainable outcomes for land, water, and wildlife. Founded in 1980, PERC is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and proudly based in Bozeman, Montana.
This is a transformational time at PERC. Our nimble team is growing in all departments to support our ambitious goal of inspiring a new era of conservation in America based on incentives and innovation. Read more.
The Conservation Law Fellow will join PERC in achieving meaningful legal and policy reforms on cutting-edge environmental issues. Designed for upper-level law students, this fellowship gives hands-on experience in environmental law and policy, including opportunities to assist in strategic litigation, draft amicus briefs and rulemaking comments, and collaborate on cutting-edge research. The Conservation Law Fellow will work closely with other members of PERC’s Conservation Law and Policy team and report to the Vice President of Law and Policy.
- Support PERC’s research, policy, and conservation efforts through in-depth legal analysis
- Collaborate with other members of the PERC team on cutting-edge research
- Track regulatory policy and litigation affecting environmental law and property rights
- Draft comments on proposed regulations
- Draft amicus briefs on conservation and property-rights issues
- Assist the Vice President of Law and Policy in drafting documents to support strategic litigation
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated interest in conservation, environmental law, or property rights
- Stellar writing skills
- Ability to translate complex legal issues for non-legal audiences
- Driven, self-motivated, and excited to take initiative
- Team player
- Business office environment with moderate noise
- Travel by car and plane is possible
- Will sit or stand at a desk
- Work on a computer, use a telephone, and other general office equipment
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) interest in the role 2) understanding of PERC and our approach to conservation
- 3 references
Not sure you meet all the job qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification when, in fact, they often do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Explore Careers at PERC
Discover our incredible culture and passion for conservation.