Do you love hiking, fishing or just being in the great outdoors? Do you have a passion for connecting with people and want to help equip our team to advance innovative, market-based solutions to the most pressing conservation issues? If so, PERC’s Marketing and Media Manager role may be the right fit for you!
The Marketing and Media Manager will help to implement and guide the strategy for all communications, website, social media, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate PERC’s mission. The Marketing and Media Manager will help to ensure that PERC is viewed as the primary source for creative conservation solutions. This role has a heavy emphasis on digital management.
The Marketing and Media Manager will work closely with PERC’s leadership team as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives. The role will be based in Bozeman, Montana.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with the placement of targeted media op-eds, comments, press releases, and ancillary articles
- Aid staff and fellows to writing and placing commentary (opinion, narrative, etc.)
- Manage media tracking/Meltwater reporting
- Manage PERC.org, including website maintenance, functionality, look and feel, and content
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Strategically manage paid and organic social media content and posting (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Effectively deploy PERC’s Google AdWord allowance and other paid advertising and report on results
- Run PERC’s email campaigns, build effective lists, and report on results
- Apply insights from testing to external outreach
- Assist in fostering and expanding relationships with journalists and media thought leaders
- Maintaining and updating online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate considering timing
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manage Meltwater, Google Adwords, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics
- Assist in the production and dissemination of short video clips of in-house hot topics
- Market and distribute existing video clips.
PERC is seeking an accomplished Marketing and Media Manager who has at least two years of digital marketing experience, ideally from a nonprofit entity. The ability to take PERC research and publications, transform and brand it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
Specific requirements include:
- Highly collaborative style; experience implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy and maturity with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Ability to collaborate on communication with state and local policy groups, conservation leaders, media thought leaders, and policy makers
Application materials should be emailed to email@example.com. Include a pdf of your resume, three references, and a two paragraph writing sample about why you want to work with our unique, mission-driven conservation organization and how you would bring value to our communication needs; applications must be complete and meet the required skills in order to be considered. Title the email Marketing and Media Manager Position.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.