Are you a detail-oriented finance professional with a love of conservation? Do you thrive in developing accurate financial documents to empower organizations to excel? If so, consider joining PERC’s team in the critical role of our Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing all accounting and financial reporting for our non-profit organization. This includes monthly financial updates, program revenue and expenses, and PERC’s annual audit. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and an active member of PERC’s finance team, as well as show an understanding of how sound financial management equips our organization to succeed. This is a non-supervisory role with no direct reports. The work schedule for this position allows for flexibility, such as school pickups, and our preference is for this person to work in our Bozeman office.
- Analyze and present accurate financial reports in a timely manner; clearly communicate financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments; and oversee all accounting.
- Organize and lead the annual audit process, including liaising with external auditors and the finance team; and assess any necessary changes.
- Support the leadership team in the annual budgeting and planning process’; administer and review all financial plans and budgets ensuring that all budgets reflect the decisions of the leadership team; monitor progress and changes; keep the leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting and ensure that cash flows are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary nonprofit accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the financial matters to the leadership team in the lead up to board meetings.
Day-to-Day Accounting Tasks
- Bank reconciliations, donation receivables, credit card management, and all other hands-on accounting responsibilities.
- Translate expense detail into our internal budgets and report monthly on their status.
- Oversee the payroll process using our employee management platform (Rippling).
- Oversee account payables using our billing platform (Bill.com).
- Oversee and optimize PERC’s investment accounts (mostly CDs).
- Weekly meetings with the finance team in which we discuss the status of budgets and overall PERC finances and the Finance Manager executes on the decisions made by the leadership team.
Restricted Funds Tracking
- This role is responsible for tracking and reporting the status of restricted funds on both a cash and accrual basis.
- Minimum of a BA, candidates with a CPA certification preferred
- Minimum of two years of professional experience
- Familiarity with nonprofit accounting standards
- Experience with the coordination of an audit for either a division or organization
- A track record of excellent and accurate bookkeeping
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic understanding of Salesforce preferred
Successful candidates will possess:
- Experience with final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data
- The ability to translate financial data to colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to multitask and assume diverse responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work closely with the finance team in a productive and positive manner
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of PERC
To apply, email email@example.com and include a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and three references. Applications must be complete and meet the required skills in order to be considered. Please note the deadline for applications is May 15.