The Property and Environment Research Center (PERC) in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking to expand its operational management by hiring an organized and motivated Director of Operations. The director will work closely with PERC’s leadership team to oversee personnel, office, and contract management, board of director relationships and meetings, and join a vibrant culture that is dedicated to collaborative approaches to the conservation of land, water, and wildlife.
About the Position
Do you love hiking, fishing, skiing, or just being in the great outdoors? Do you have a passion for equipping people to succeed in their roles, helping build successful teams, and ensuring operations run smoothly? If so, PERC’s Director of Operations role may be the right fit for you!
The primary responsibilities of this role cover three distinct operations areas:
- Lead PERC’s administrative team in supporting the organization’s programs, including its research workshops, forums, and outreach efforts
- Manage human resource issues, including yearly benefits plan selection and management
- Manage personnel, including hiring, training, performance reviews, staff development, and terminations
- Support leadership team in strategic planning and goal-setting process, including yearly event planning
- Oversee day-to-day management of PERC’s physical and virtual office
- Manage contract vendors for building and other office services
- Monitor and plan for short- and medium-term maintenance needs
- Lead on implementation of administrative budget in collaboration with finance team
Board of Directors Liason
- Communicate with the board of directors to plan for committee and full-board meetings, including coordinating board book preparation for two board meetings per year.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, take initiative, and be able to proactively find ways to improve PERC’s operational processes. This position requires a can-do attitude and an ability to clearly communicate with colleagues, understand their needs, and collaborate to solve problems.
As the leader of the operations team, you will supervise and mentor three individuals to execute on PERC’s administrative needs and facilitate their professional growth.
Required Skills and Education
- Strong personal affinity for the mission and values of PERC
- Demonstrated experience in management of personnel and office operations
- Entrepreneurial approach to self-directed work, with strong work ethic, ability to collaborate across teams, and flexibility to maximize success
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Collaborative and supportive team member and leader
- Proficiency in basic office IT programs including Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of direct experience in supervisory and management roles
This is a 40-hour per week exempt position, based in Bozeman, Montana, and includes a full benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes performance-based bonus opportunities.
About the Organization
PERC is the leading conservation research institute dedicated to improving lands, waters, and wildlife through collaborative, market-based approaches. PERC has key programs that work together to make substantial improvements in conservation through generating cutting-edge research on pressing conservation issues. PERC advances those ideas into action through on-the-ground efforts and reforms to conservation policy.
PERC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a productive and supportive work environment that equips our team to succeed. To learn more about PERC, explore our website.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines your interest in the role and your salary requirements to email@example.com. While PERC is grateful to all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, it is only able to contact those to whom an interview can be offered.