'Tis The Season
When PERC opened its doors in 1980, free market environmentalism (FME) was considered an oxymoron; environmentalists saw markets as an enemy, not an ally. Now, thanks to PERC, the largest and oldest think-tank focusing on market solutions to environmental problems, FME is being tried and tested around the world. In Africa, private land owners are protecting rhinos from poaching; in the Caribbean an alumnus of PERC's Enviropreneur Institute (PEI) is working to help replant and regenerate dying coral reefs; and in the Gulf of Mexico, the Environmental Defense Fund has joined PERC in campaigning for property rights solutions to overfishing.
At 45°N and 4,820 feet elevation, PERC needs your help to keep its dedicated PERC staff warm this winter season! Your tax-deductible gift will help fund innovative research, convene conferences, publish the results in PERC Reports and other venues, and add to the growing number of environmentalists implementing PERC's ideas.
Here are some specific things that your donation to PERC can accomplish:
I assure you that your tax-deductible contribution will promote environmental quality with less government and more individual freedom
- $25 will cover the cost of producing and distributing PERC Reports to one reader for one year;
- $100 will pay for printing and distributing a PERC Case Study to 100 people;
- $2,000 will provide a scholarship for a student to participate in PERC's summer programs;
- $5,000 will pay for a Lone Mountain Fellowship, which brings a professor to visit PERC;
- $15,000 will give an environmental entrepreneur an opportunity to attend PEI and learn to apply FME to their work.
. Now is the moment when improving the environment by utilizing property rights and markets rather than big government can truly benefit America as the nation works to deal with its fiscal crisis.
Terry L. Anderson